Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lourdes Pilgrimage 2011

One day in the beginning of January a friend of ours at the store stopped in and mentioned that she was volunteering for an organization and that they were heading to Lourdes, France. She then suggested that I do the same or apply to be a malade case. She contacted her friend in the Order and the next thing I know I was sending my application the next day, thus beginning my road to this year’s pilgrimage.

On March 27th, 2011 my parents and I went out to an orientation in Towson, Maryland to meet with some fellow pilgrims. I met some of the wonderful people I will be on this journey with and a few fellow malades. We had a mass, anointing of the sick and a light lunch after. They also had a slide presentation of Lourdes. I have no idea what it was but I got teary eyed some.
I cannot even begin to put in words how excited I am feeling right now. I am ready for this trip to begin and bring all of you with me into my journey.

No comments: