Thursday, January 25, 2007

My FIRST day in SOCAL after a year

<=== that's the SB mountains I am guessing





and that BROWN haze in the back ground is what SOCAL folks breath in EVERYDAY the SMOG=====>


So I finally took a plane ride to the west coast after almost a year and let me just say getting on that plane was an adventure in itself.

I took off from Lehigh Valley Airport in Allentown, PA (ABE) and it was great coz there was NO traffic or hardly anyone was there. Then I got to Chicago O’Hare (ORD) and it was a whole different story. I had to take a doggone shuttle coz that airport is so huge it wasn’t even funny. I took a picture as we were landing and everything was covered in light snow. Anyhow, I was in such a hurry to find my flight that I didn’t even bother buying lunch coz I wanted to make sure I knew where I was going first and when I got to my gate they were boarding. So yeah that wasn’t kosher coz a heffa like me needs to eat.

I haven’t flown in year so I wasn’t too happy when I found out they don’t feed folks no more and they have these things called ‘snack boxes’ and you have to buy it at $5 each. I took that in stride coz there really was no point bitching about it. But they did show a good movie in my opinion which was “The Queen”: starring Helen Mirren who got nominated for the Best Actress category with the Oscar’s for playing the role of Queen Elizabeth. Now see, I think she should win because she owned that dang role.

Well after that movie I simply tried to chill until the end of the flight and I did. But as soon as we got into the LAX vicinity I couldn’t help notice the brown haze in the skyline. You’ll see the pictures I took while on the air by the way. After getting my luggage and my sister came to get me I went outside and breathed in the dang air and let’s just say that sure was one thing I don’t miss, SMOG. That mess is NASTY it actually hurt to breathe.

My sister was great coz she drove past a Yoshinoya and I just had to have some (my lunch) and for dinner we went to this restaurant out here in Long Beach called Los Compadres. Guys I never though I would say this but I MISS MEXICAN FOOD. That mess was great and I even consumed 2 huge glasses of horchata. Well that’s it for now with my first post about a trip. I’m pretty sure I’ll have much more to say in the future.

No comments: